Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Recap part II

Once I arrived at the training I was able to figure out , a little more ,what my year of service was going to be like.  Being the social and emotional "coach" (one might say) for 3-5 year old and getting them ready for kindergarten  is no simple task. Each child come with their own personal history, experiences they've gone through, moments that have shape them as individual.... And while they are trying to figure out who they are.. What their likes and dislikes are... What their favorite color is... whether or not they are going to be this way or that way...  I'm suppose to be the hand that guides them in the "right" direction. Teaching them compassion and empathy .. teaching them that its okay to have emotions and that sometimes its best to  acknowledge them and just let themselves feel. (So long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process).  Sometimes this sounds way easier said then done. Because surprise surprise ... 4 year old don't often know the words to let you know how they feel and why..  And most times I don't have all the answers. I feel like most of life lessons are learn via experience...

Here are some picture of the camp where we training for three days strait.

And a sneak peak of my classroom environment, I can't really show you guys a whole lot because I don't have permission to reveal the identities of my kids without their parents consent. But I can tell you a bit about what I've been doing. More to come in future posts.




No comments:

Post a Comment